FIT National Partners
Since 1958, CIPS has helped strengthen the Canadian IT industry by establishing standards and sharing best practices for the benefit of individual IT professionals and the sector as a whole. As Canada’s Association of Information Technology Professionals, we represent thousands of members across the country.
- Networking opportunities
- Certification of IT professionals (I.S.P. and ITCP designations)
- Accreditation of IT university and college programs
- A niche IT Job Board
- A voice to government on issues that affect the profession and industry
“We provide a variety of tools to help businesses of all kinds succeed on and off the web. These programs form the backbone of our own business; they’ve also enabled entrepreneurs and publishers around the world to grow theirs. Our advertising programs, which range from simple text ads to rich media ads, help businesses find customers, and help publishers make money off of their content. We also provide cloud computing tools for businesses that save money and help organizations be more productive.” – Google
The concept of solutions being driven to address specific customer challenges has been with Cisco since its inception. Husband and wife Len Bosack and Sandy Lerner, both working for Stanford University, wanted to email each other from their respective offices located in different buildings but were unable to due to technological shortcomings. A technology had to be invented to deal with disparate local area protocols; and as a result of solving their challenge – the multi-protocol router was born.
Since then Cisco has shaped the future of the Internet by creating unprecedented value and opportunity for our customers, employees, investors and ecosystem partners and has become the worldwide leader in networking – transforming how people connect, communicate and collaborate.
Please view Cisco’s Corporate Overview Presentation for more information.
FIT Program Partners
CompTIA is the voice of the world’s information technology (IT) industry. As a non-profit trade association advancing the global interests of IT professionals and companies, they focus their programs on four main areas: education, certification, advocacy and philanthropy.
What CompTIA Does:
- Educate the IT channel: Their educational resources, comprising online guides, webinars, market research, business mentoring, open forums and networking events, help their members grow their businesses and become “best in class.”
- Certify the IT workforce: CompITA is the leading provider of technology-neutral and vendor-neutral IT certifications.
- Advocate on behalf of the IT industry: On Capitol Hill, they bring the power of small- and medium-sized IT businesses to bear as a united voice.
- Give back through philanthropy: Their foundation enables disadvantaged populations to gain the skills they need for employment in the IT industry.